The Halwig Funeral Home first opened business in Olean in 1919 and continued under Halwig family ownership until 1977. New owners Robert S. Adams, Jr. and Robert J. Frisina operated the funeral home until their respective retirements, and in 1998 the firm was purchased by Kenneth M. Hartle. With the recent acquisition of the Hamilton St. building and land by Jamestown Community College in the year 2000, Halwig Funeral Home owner Ken Hartle needed a new location on which to build and operate. The R. Dennis Casey Funeral Home had moved in 1999 to a new location and it made for an excellent opportunity for both Dennis Casey and Ken Hartle to merge their two businesses into one at the current operating location. Dennis Casey's funeral home had been established in 1946 under the name of E. C. Hogan Funeral Home, Inc., operating at one location at 1309 W. State St. in Olean, NY and another at 30 E. Main St. in Allegany, NY. Consolidating both locations into one new modern building with plenty of parking has proven to be a plus for the convenience of area families. With the merger of Halwig Funeral Home and R. Dennis Casey Funeral Home in October 2000, the residents in the communities in this area have a comfortable, spacious home to hold funerals and memorial services as well as two owners and a staff dedicated to the motto "Sincere and Faithful Service".